Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thanks Be to God for His Patience

Sometimes I wonder why the world doesn’t disintegrate due to the cruelty, cluelessness, and foolishness of its inhabitants (of which I am one).

This blog entry has gone through several iterations in which I have pointed my pen at others' recent foolish (and worse) escapades.

But then I read this in The Way of the Heart, by Henry Nouwen: "...the roots of all conflict, war, injustice, cruelty, hatred, jealousy, and envy are deeply anchored in our own heart" Ouch.

I do believe, if it weren’t for God the Father, in whom we “live and move and have our being,” Acts 17:28 NIV, and Jesus the Son, who sustains “all things by his powerful word,” Hebrews 1:3 NIV, that the world would fall apart in a minute (possibly led by me and my own foolishness). Thanks be to God for his care, compassion, and patience.

No comments: