Thursday, May 6, 2010

Long Time No Blog

Long time no blog. Lots of reasons for ignoring it. Busy doing other things.

I write every day in my journal and as a part of my time with God. I freewrite and engage in writing exercises. I spend a fair amount of time writing for publication as well.

What is it about the blog?

It is not for a lack of opinions that I neglect my blog (just ask my friends and family). Could be fear - fear of what others might think about my opinions. Fear of being labeled and judged. Fear of rejection based on an impression given without being given a chance to explain what might not be clear.

Heard another warning on the radio about blogs and other social media. On the one hand, publishers like their writers to be involved and posting. On the other hand, current or potential employers might not like what they read.

What to do?

Try to be kind and gracious and trust God. While I am responsible for what I write, still, Scripture is clear that He is the protector of my reputation.

Yea God!

No comments: